福尔摩斯探案全集(全八卷)pdf,txt电子书免费下载-相识电子书
波西米亚丑闻
Scandal in Bohemia
Got you!
逮个正着!
Now look here...
看看这儿...
But maaml
可是夫人!
Close the window, John.
关上窗户,约翰。
To Sherlock Holmes, she was always the woman,’ the beautiful Irena Adler of dubious and questionable memory.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯始终称呼她为“那位女人”——美丽的艾琳·艾德勒,留在了他模糊暧昧的记忆中。
At the time of our involvement in the Irena Adler case, Holmes and | had been sharing rooms in Baker Street for some years.
我们开始插手艾琳·艾德勒案之时,福尔摩斯和我在贝克街共居多年了。
My practice had caused me to be absent in the country for several days.
因为行医,我离家去乡间小住了几日。
As usual, after leaving Holmes for any length of time, | returned filled with apprehension as to his mood.
照例,不管离开福尔摩斯多久,我回家便会为他的情绪担忧。
Oh, hello, Mrs.Hudson.
你好,哈德森夫人。
- DrWatson, just look at you, half soaked to the skin! - Yes, well, | am not surprised, | have just spent minutes standing in the pouring rain waiting for a cab.
- 华生医生,瞧瞧你,都湿透了! - 那就对了,我在瓢泼大雨中站了分钟就为等辆马车。
- It wont do that old wound of yours any good getting so wet, Doctor. - | know.
- 医生,淋这么湿对你的旧伤可没什么好处。- 我知道。
Ill just take this coat and your hat and see that theyre properly dried.
大衣和帽子给我,一定要好好烘干。
Mrs.Hudson, | havent eaten all day.
哈德森夫人,我一整天都没吃东西。
| do hope supper will be up very soon.
真希望马上开饭。
Thats very doubtful.
这可难说。
| dont know whats come over Mr.Holmes, he seems to be all on edge.
不知福尔摩斯先生怎么了,他好像紧张得要命。
Im not to bring up supper until Im called.
等他叫我,我再送晚饭上去。
Those are his orders.
这是他下的命令。
Thank you, Mrs.Hudson.
谢谢你,哈德森太太。
My dear Holmes...
我亲爱的福尔摩斯……
What is it tonight, morphine or cocaine?
今晚是什么?吗啡还是可卡因?
Well, | can strongly recommend a seven percent solution of cocaine.
啊,我强烈推荐百分之七的可卡因溶液。
Would you care to try it?
你想试一试吗?
No, indeed!
绝不!
| speak not only as your friend, but as a medical man.
我不仅作为朋友,而且作为医生跟你说。
How can you risk such damage to the great powers with which you have been endowed?
你怎么能拿你天赋的伟大才能去冒这样的风险呢?
- | cannot tell you how it clarifies and stimulates the mind. - Yes, and destroys it in time!
- 我难以形容它多么提神醒脑。- 是,最后把头脑毁掉!
My mind rebels at stagnation.
我的头脑讨厌停滞状态。
Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, the most intricate analysis, and Im in my proper atmosphere.
给我问题,给我工作,给我最艰深的密码,最复杂的分析,我才最在状态。
Then | can dispense with artificial stimulants.
那我就能省掉人工的兴奋剂。
But | abhor the dull routine of existence.
但我厌恶枯燥乏味的日常生活。
| crave mental exultation.
我渴望精神上的兴奋。
That is why | have chosen my own profession, or rather created it, for | am the only one in the world.
因此我才选择这行,或者说创造这行,因为我是世上唯一一个。
The only unofficial detective.
唯一的私家侦探。
The only unofficial consulting detective.
唯一的私家咨询侦探。
| take no credit in my cases.
我办案不求名声。
The work itself the pleasure of finding a field for my particular powers is my highest reward.
工作本身便是快乐源泉,工作中我的特殊能力得以发挥,这才是最高奖励。
You can close that drawer.
你可以把抽屉合上了。
You have made the wrong diagnosis,Doctor!
你诊断错了,医生!